We're Hiring: Diepenbrock Elkin Dauer McCandless LLP is looking for a new Litigation Secretary!
July 25th, 2023
Diepenbrock Elkin Dauer McCandless LLP is a Sacramento, California law firm whose practice focuses on construction law, real property law, government contracts law, and complex litigation. Our Firm seeks a litigation Secretary to provide a high-quality level of support for our attorneys. Candidates will be required to handle a variety of administrative and secretarial duties and should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this role, candidates will work directly with the attorneys and staff, and should have the ability to work well in a team environment. Candidates should have 7-10 years of experience.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Create, format, edit, proofread, and manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations. Run tables in Word.
- Draft routine correspondence, forms, etc. under the supervision of an appropriate lawyer/professional.
- Track, organize, and process reimbursements, invoices, and check requests.
- Run conflict checks, open new client matters, and draft engagement letters.
- Coordinate mailings, deliveries, copying, and courthouse/administrative agency filings.
- Calendar any important client deadlines in our Compulaw calendaring system and Outlook.
- Perform routine filing, photocopying, scanning, compiling, indexing, and distributing of documents.
- Ensure assignments, which may be complex in nature or require high-level production, are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Schedule travel for attorneys, including flights, hotels and/or car rentals.
- Serve discovery requests, file, and serve pleadings, set court appearances, coordinate depositions, arrange court reporter, order transcripts, obtain approval of invoices.
- Assist paralegals with preparing documents and binders for trial.
- File and record documents with the County Recorder and Secretary of State.
- Answer telephone and route phone calls to appropriate lawyer or staff member.
- Manage daily mail, scan, calendar, and route to attorneys.
- Assist with managing lawyer’s calendar by scheduling appointments, depositions, meetings (external and internal), hearings, closings, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 7-10 years supporting attorneys and paralegals with litigation-related tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
- Superb attention to detail, including grammar.
- Strong communication skills, including with attorneys, vendors, Court personnel, and clients.
- Knowledge of calendaring. Compulaw experience is a plus.
- Highly experienced with federal and state court filing procedures and requirements.
- Understanding of State and Federal Rules of Court and California Code of Civil Procedure.
In accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law, the pay range for this position is $33.33 - $46.15 hourly. An individual's actual compensation will depend on the individual's qualifications and experience.
Diepenbrock Elkin Dauer McCandless LLP offers an excellent work environment with a competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter and references to the Firm Administrator, Kati Braden at email@example.com (No phone calls please).