We're Hiring: Diepenbrock Elkin Dauer McCandless LLP is looking for a Junior Litigation Secretary!
July 25th, 2023
Diepenbrock Elkin Dauer McCandless LLP is a Sacramento, California law firm whose practice focuses on construction law, real property law, government contracts law, and business law. We advise clients on both transactional and litigation matters within our areas of expertise.
Our Firm seeks a Junior Litigation Secretary to provide administrative support for our attorneys. This role offers the flexibility of a part-time commitment, although applicants desiring a full-time position will be considered. Candidates will be required to handle a variety of administrative and secretarial duties and should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this role, candidates will work primarily in the office and directly with the attorneys and staff and should have the ability to work well in a team environment. Candidates should have 1 to 3 years of experience or completion of at least 2 years of college. We welcome applicants who are interested in tailoring their work hours to join our team. The salary range for this position is ($23.59 - $30.76 per hour), up to $60,000 annually for full-time employment. The final compensation and benefits will depend on the negotiated schedule.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Perform secretarial and clerical duties.
- Manage daily mail, scan, calendar, and route to attorneys.
- Index Pleadings and Discovery.
- Run conflict checks, open matters, save documents and calendar.
- Schedule attorney meetings.
- Manage firm litigation calendar in Compulaw, and Outlook.
- Prepare engagement letters and correspondence.
- Coordinate discovery, including serving discovery requests, calendaring responses, arranging court reporter, and ordering transcripts.
- Assist paralegals with preparing documents and binders for trial.
- Format, finalize, file, and serve pleadings, motions, orders, and other litigation documents.
- File and record documents with the County Recorder and Secretary of State.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Adobe, Word, Excel, Document Management, and Calendaring Software is desired.
- Familiarity with Court, Secretary of State and Recorder filing procedures and requirements is desired.
- Understanding of State and Federal Rules of Court and California Code of Civil Procedure.
Diepenbrock Elkin Dauer McCandless LLP offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter and references to the Firm Administrator, Kati Braden at firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please).