Our Firm seeks a Junior Litigation Secretary to provide administrative support for our attorneys. Candidates will be required to handle a variety of administrative and secretarial duties and should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this role, candidates will work directly with the attorneys and staff, and should have the ability to work well in a team environment. Candidates should have 1 to 3 years of experience or completion of at least 2 years of college.
• Perform secretarial and clerical duties.
• Answer and route phone calls.
• Manage daily mail, scan, calendar, and route to attorneys.
• Index Pleadings and Discovery.
• Run conflict checks, open matters, save documents and calendar.
• Schedule attorney meetings.
• Manage firm litigation calendar in Compulaw and Outlook.
• Prepare engagement letters.
• Serve discovery requests, file pleadings, set court appearances, serve notices, arrange court reporter, order transcripts, approve invoices.
• Assist paralegals with preparing documents and binders for trial.
• File and record documents with the County Recorder and Secretary of State
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in Adobe, Word, Excel, Document Management, and Calendaring Software.
• Familiarity with Court, Secretary of State and Recorder filing procedures and requirements.
• Understanding of State and Federal Rules of Court and California Code of Civil Procedure.
Diepenbrock Elkin Dauer McCandless LLP offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter and references to the Firm Administrator, Kati Braden at firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please).